Ergonomic wheelchairs are designed in such a way that human beings will be able to move in the same manner they do normally. Also, the users will be more comfortable in such designed wheelchairs to reduce any type of discomfort or injuries. The designers of ergonomic wheelchairs work as per the principles to achieve the goal by keeping ergonomics in their mind.
Importance of Ergonomic Wheelchairs
An ergonomic design is a common seat design that we must have used in our daily activities. For example, car seats, waiting rooms or even in our offices such kind of seats are used which are helpful for a person to maintain the perfect posture while sitting. Here, we will discuss the points of how ergonomic seating is an amazing concept of seating design for any individual using a manual wheelchair.
- The design of an ergonomic wheelchair is appropriately created to fit an individual’s body size as well as shape.
- A user will get good support as well as it is easy to maneuver.
- A user can use the tremendous features provided in the ergonomic wheelchairs like you are allowed to adjust the height of the seat, and angle. Adjustment of footrests and armrests is also possible with such wheelchairs.
- The wheelchairs are comfortable and consist of a supportive backrest.
- These kinds of wheelchairs are easy for transportation as it is made with lightweight materials.
- The rides on such wheelchairs are smooth because it consists of shock-absorbing wheels.
- The designers have created ergonomic wheelchairs with specialized cushioning which helps to diminish the pressure points as well as prevent skin breakdown.
The Motive of Ergonomic Wheelchairs
Do you know why ergonomic wheelchairs were discovered? The main motive of such wheelchairs is to deliver comfort as well as functional mobility for each user. The individuals who use these types of vehicles reduce the risk of injury. Also, you will promote your good health as well as well-being.
Ergonomic Wheelchair Price in India
Product on saleEsleh Grand EM Electromagnetic Wheelchair₹49,500.00
Product on saleEsleh Travel Electric Wheelchair₹95,000.00
Product on saleEsleh Indian Economic Electric Wheelchair₹42,000.00
Product on saleEsleh Auto Fold Electric Wheelchair₹105,000.00
Product on saleEsleh Power Extra Large Wheelchair₹75,000.00
Product on saleEsleh Power Black Wheelchair₹55,000.00
Product on saleEsleh Classic Wheelchair₹95,000.00
Product on saleEsleh Grand Wheelchair with Electric Brake₹52,500.00
Product on saleEsleh Master Reclining Wheelchair₹85,000.00
What are the benefits of an ergonomic wheelchair?
There are numerous benefits that provide a significant impact on an individual’s health, and comfort. The ergonomic wheelchairs provide a quality of life and numerous benefits which are discussed below:
1. Good support and improved posture:
All the individuals who use ergonomic wheelchairs will get appropriate support which helps to improve their posture as well as reduce the discomfort and pain in the body.
2. Low risk of injury:
The ergonomic wheelchairs consist of good support and cushioning which are helpful in reducing the risk of injury. The users will get effective results after using these vehicles like the diminishing of pressure points, and good circulation in their bodies.
3. Adjustable seats to get more comfort:
The wheelchairs like ergonomic are designed with adjustable seats, great cushioning, support, backrests, and shock-absorbing wheels type of features which enhance the comfort zone for every user.
4. Easy to operate and complete daily activities:
The wheelchairs are designed to be easy to maneuver which helps a user to move around and complete their daily activities without any trouble.
5. Easy to customize:
If you are willing to move on ergonomic wheelchairs then you can customize them to fit as per your own requirement which includes the body size as well as shape. Such concepts will help to improve overall comfort and functioning.
6. Good health:
With the usage of ergonomic wheelchairs, you will be able to improve your overall health, the posture of your body, reducing the risk of injury. Thus, we can conclude that such kinds of vehicles will increase the comfort and mobility of a person which enhances the overall health and well-being of an individual.
Difference Between the Traditional Seat Slope and Ergonomic Seating
- Traditional seat slope provides an advantage over the flat or slightly sloped seat. On the other hand, if we talk about ergonomic seating then the design of such vehicles is to fit the contours of the human body. The ergonomic vehicles provide complete support and comfort to the users.
- In the earlier or old-designed wheelchairs utilize the traditional seat slope which is not at all comfortable for the users. Because of the flat or slightly sloped design of the wheelchair seat, the users can slide forward or backward position which leads to poor posture, and discomfort and causes pressure ulcers.
- The designers have ergonomic features and principles in their minds before they manufactured such wheelchairs in the market. The users who move on ergonomic wheelchairs are more comfortable as they get a supportive seating position.
- The advancement of features available in ergonomic seating like contoured seats, and backrests helps the users to fit their shape and size.
- Individuals who use ergonomic wheelchairs have a smaller number of risk of pressure ulcers as they help to distribute the evenly pressure.
- The users can utilize such vehicles to adjust the seat height, footrests, angle, armrests, and footrests. Thus, you can enhance the comfort of moving and get easy support from specialized cushioning features.
In conclusion, ergonomic wheelchairs consist of a better posture seating design which helps to provide a comfortable move and reduces the discomfort and risk of injury. Overall, we can say it enhances the overall growth of an individual and their well-being. In older wheelchair designs, you can see the traditional seat slope usages which are not beneficial in the level of support and comfort in comparison with ergonomic wheelchair seating.